Week 1: My Template

Week 1: My Template


I was immediately attracted to this template because of the background picture. I love the ocean and am always drawn to blues and greens. After selecting this template I went back and looked at the others and again found myself drawn to the ones that contained the colors I love.  I also love travel and was tempted by one of those but ultimately went with my first choice. 

Since this is my first blog and I am unfamiliar with all of the features, I made the assumption that all of the templates have the same capabilities and I should just go with the most visually pleasing. Again, for me, that was the soothing colors of the ocean and the way I felt looking at the picture of the water.

I intend to blog about health and recovering from chronic illness and I want my readers to feel calm and happy when visiting my blog. Knowing the psychological impact colors have, I feel good about the choice to go with calming colors. 

I also want my blog to be clean and simple so readers won't feel confused or overwhelmed, since it's hard enough to read when you don't feel well without a lot of clutter making things harder. I think this  theme fulfills that requirement as it has a nice clean look to it without being stark or harsh.

Hopefully I chose well and my theme will represent my intention to attract like-minded people who will benefit in some way from my postings.


Comments

  1. Eva, you did choose a calming and relaxing theme and I appreciate it. I love that it shows the water in the background as that gives an immediate sense of peace and calming which helps promote health and wellness! I like that your theme has a wispy script style font for the title along with an easy to ready font for all the details. I am looking forward to reading more from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva, I love your style of blog! I'm very interested in reading the future posts of health and wellness. I'm also interested in the beach and travel, so as a reader it helps making a common interest. The colors are also very easy on the eye and the organization of the blog makes everything easily accessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Overview of Social Media

Week 16: First Post

Week 3A: Business and Communication