Week 8: Get Visual- Let a Picture Tell the Story


As our class lecture stated, images increase social engagement and sharing. They have become a form of shorthand communication. I am looking forward to utilizing the visual networks as part of my social marketing. Since I am not yet comfortable with my writing, an image with a small amount of accompanying text is appealing to me.

My plan is to use FaceBook, my website, and a blog as my "home base" for my marketing and use Instagram and possibly YouTube as "accessory" platforms. My website will have a detailed bio and description of my services and an online booking system, while my blog will have in-depth articles and product reviews. FaceBook will be where I can post images, short videos, and share relevant content. 

I feel like Snapchat is more appropriate for a younger target market and Pinterest would be better for businesses that have products to sell. I am starting with Instagram since it seems easy to post a picture and some simple text. Also, I can use hashtags to market to my audience. I can post pics of products I am reviewing on my blog with a couple of lines of text and a link to my blog article. I can also post pics of food with recipes or inspirational photos and quotes. 

When I am ready to launch my online practice and have more time, I will set up a YouTube account so I can make videos showing how to prepare the recipes I share or do short videos  presenting the latest research on relevant topics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Overview of Social Media

Week 16: First Post

Week 3A: Business and Communication