Final Post

My viewpoint of social media has not changed in the sense that I am not that crazy about it, in general, and probably will never use it for my personal life. I took this class because I know having a successful online business requires a strong social media presence. I imagined posting the obligatory recipes on Facebook and trying to come up with interesting tweets to connect with colleagues. In that sense, my viewpoint has changed.

What changed for me is that I found I really enjoy blogging! I plan to use it as my main form of social media. I like the fact that I can use it like writing mini research papers, thus contributing something more meaningful to my audience.

I also like the opportunity to network with other people in my industry on twitter and linkedin. The linkedin groups are especially appealing to me since my business is online and I won't have networking opportunities.

I definitely have a better understanding of how to use social media to develop a business. I will implement a strategy to post content every day across the different platforms. I will need to manage my time and have a scheduled plan to make sure I am productive and effective.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Overview of Social Media

Week 16: First Post

Week 3A: Business and Communication